Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On Turning 30

I turned 30 yesterday.

I had my meltdown about it a week before.  It appears my sentimental side reared its ugly head.  Because I'm not really sad about turning 30, more of a nostalgic meltdown.

So today is a new day and I don't feel any different.  Just another day.

I must say I loved my 20's, especially my university years.  I also know I didnt appreciate them hardly enough while living those years. 

So I vow to make my 30's different in that way.  To make each day count and appreciate it all now, rather than look at my last day of my 30's in 10 years and get all regretful or something.

I have a feeling my 30's will be good to me.  I already feel the self-confidence thing that is supposed to come with your 30's creeping on me.  Thats a very good thing. 

I am happy that my career is well-established now and happy that it happened before I turned 30.  I will be married 5 years this year in October and my son is turning 2 very soon.  I have healthy parents, good relationships with my family and so many wonderful friends. 

Goals for my 30s....more babies, traveling, good health, keeping my marriage as loving as it is now, strengthening friendships, learning new recipes, reading new books and re-reading some oldies.  I will finish Anna Karenina, The Bible, and The Divine Comedy this decade too.  Dye my hair a funky shade of something purple.  Get out of a style rut.  Buy more shoes.  Have more fun, dance more, love more, laugh more. Who knows what it will all bring, but this I know for sure....

24 hours in my 30's...looking good so far :)

1 comment: