Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PSA: Not Hormonally Challenged...

Thank you very much but NO not every display of emotion is connected to my "hormones."

And men...wtf would you know anyway?! Only my DH would get away with it since he really knows me....you're just an ignorant ass.

Oh and women...you dont like it very much when people imply you're "PMSing"...so why is it ok to call a pregnant chick "hormonal." There is ZERO difference in how it feels to hear it or what it really means, pregnant or not, other than the fact that pregnant women don't bleed. Furthermore, ignorant men reduce women to PMSing bitches so why commit girl on girl crime by reducing each other to either a PMSing bitch or a hormonal pregnant chick? Not cool.

Of all the crap I've heard, which I admit hasn't been much except very recently,....the "you can blame it on hormones," or "hormones" or "she's just a pregnant hormonal chick" really really piss me off.

I fully admit hormonal issues around 10 weeks due to anxiety I couldnt seem to control regarding my asshat midwife. I maintain that if the asshat midwife wasnt an asshat, my anxiety wouldnt have been as much of an issue.

I'm also entirely aware that hormones are a little crazy during pregnancy. Not every woman feels these effects the same though. Hormones are linked to all kinds of changes in a woman and not every woman goes through it the same. Suffice to say, not all women are affected this way through their emotions.

I spoke my mind before getting knocked up thanks....

I cried about random sentimental stuff before carrying a baby thanks...

I even got angry before pregnancy....

These emotions or behaviors are not new thanks...

Believe it or not....not every pregnant woman is a hormonally-challenged, uncontrollable, crying, yelling, emotional mess monster for 9 months..

Thanks for listening...if I actually told people this who say this crap, other than my close friends who have never said it and totally get why it gets on my nerves, I would hear....

Yep you guessed it..

"You're just hormonal."

2 comments:

  1. Ugh - I hate that attitude! It's like when you're a bride-to-be and, if you have any opinion on anything to do with the wedding, people call you a bridezilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think displays of emotion from anyone, anytime make people uncomfortable -- they are looking for some "explanation." Well, I have an explanation - it's called being human. Try it sometime, buddy.

    ReplyDelete