Thursday, August 13, 2009

How Much Is That Doggy In the Window?

This house thing is an expensive little problem.

Not problem of course. Not really.

But expensive nonetheless.

Even bathroom towels and decor is expensive. Its just towels!!

And paint?? Geezus murphy....

At any rate, we close a week from tomorrow which is slightly insane to me since it feels like we JUST put the offer in yesterday.

But now with this house, our car has decided to turn on the "check engine" light. Oh holy hell...

Our car is a 1997. Everybody in his family, namely his grandma the previous owner of said car, always raves about what great shape it is in.

Yeah on the outside. It looks brand new (gag).

Inside though its a ticking time bomb. It rattles and bangs worse than a garbage truck. It squeals louder than a baby seal pup. We put about $1000 in it last winter and I really hope it doesn't decide to crap out on us now. It is in desperate need of an oil change so I hope thats all it needs.

Damn expenses.

Never ends. And I have to exercise control over shopping needlessly before we close so we dont run out of money for real necessities.

How much is that doggy in the window.......

In other news I'm up to four days a week now at the agency. So that helps just in case we find ourselves in need of a new car shortly. Politics at work are less than pleasant right now which makes it hard to go to work. Especially after yesterday's meeting from hell...

And finally AF is a no-show. She's late for the party. She's nowhere to be found.

MIA

AWOL

She's a tricky bitch I think. Playing tricks on me, getting my hopes up because I'm so certain that the condoms did not fail last cycle. I don't feel pregnant at all, no significant symptoms.

I'm going to track her down by Saturday.

Or maybe she'll be AWOL for awhile.

Which I'll probably faint from utter surprise.

1 comment:

  1. You're oh so right about new houses being expensive "opportunties!" LOL! We've done paint, hardware, countertops, etc., at two houses now and it most certainly adds up! Here's to hoping that AF will stay a no-show!

    ReplyDelete