Monday, July 19, 2010

Mama Got Into The Wine....


On Saturday, we had my friend's Dirty 30 birthday party at another friend's cottage. Pig roast, potluck, lots of booze, sunshine, good friends and laughs. Maxim was with us all day and did so well...he napped most of the day in his stroller. We arranged for my in-laws to pick up Maxim at 7pm after his feed at that time. They arrived at 7pm just in time and Maxim was crying! I felt so badly for him, even though he was just fussy not really mad at anything. Anyway, I put him in the car seat, kissed him goodbye and away he went with his grandparents. It was a little emotional since he was crying in his car seat (but I didnt cry!!) but apparently as soon as they started backing out, he fell asleep. They were at their cottage which is only 15 minutes down the road so it was nice to know he was close but in very capable hands.

DH and I partied all night. The pig was just getting done when Maxim left so we had a nice dinner. I got into the wine and after 2 full beer cups of red wine, I was quite happy. Played some beer pong and sat around the fire until 2am. My mind only went to Maxim when I knew his fussy hour was starting and his bedtime, hoping he would do ok and not be too hard on them. I had to pump twice to relieve my aching bo.obs (at 12am and then again at 8am), got up at 10am and got back to my in-laws cottage by `1:00am just in time to nurse Maxim.

He did so well. His routine hadnt changed at all, he went to bed at 11:00 like normal, and woke up at 5:30 for them. He was good all morning, playing with his uncles. We got there at 11:00am and he started to fuss so I changed him and he nursed. My in-laws really enjoyed their night with him too.

It was so nice to have a baby free night and I'm grateful for my in-laws in taking him and I was so happy to have my baby back on Sunday too. I appreciate him so much more when I get a break. We had a really fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you and your husband received a much-needed break. I am sure the grandparents and Maxim enjoyed their own little party. Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time, and glad that Maxim did well with the IL's!

    ReplyDelete