Wednesday, September 16, 2009

4 Weeks

I'm not entirely sure if this is really happening to me.

To us.

Are we really having a baby??

Its crazy because I feel so normal...aside from a few symptoms, but if I hadn't seen those lines I wouldn't think I was pregnant.

Anyway, we're over the moon but still processing it. Honestly when you decide to try and then you go for it, you hope it happens right away but its still shocking when it does...which sounds so backwards. I've read too many people's heartbreaking stories of fertility problems (including a close friend) and I know we are so very blessed.

Forgive me though....I'm still in shock!!

As for symptoms, I have sore nips, lots of CM, extremely heightened sense of smell, lots of burping and gas, and I'm exhausted. No cramping or spotting which is a relief...knock wood. Of course I expect a bit of twinging here and there as my uterus starts to grow.

As for the news telling, I brought out the four positive pee sticks to show DH on top of a book on fatherhood I bought for him. Of course, he is extremely logical and detail oriented and wants to know the minutiae of everything...so he's like "what does this mean?" Haha...and so I had to explain the pee tests and I think overall he was just in shock. Of course his next comment was "that was easy," followed by "I told you I was good." Aaah men, I tell ya!!

Anyway, the male admin assistant at my job found out next after making some cracks about drinking lots of booze. I couldn't hold my poker face. I swore him to secrecy and made him swear not to tell anybody at work and I told him I would know its him because he's the only one there that knows. He's doing well so far, surprisingly. He's one of those guys that is probably dying to tell everybody. Anyway he's a good friend; I wasn't expecting for him to be the first but I guess. We also told DH's best friend and I called my best friend yesterday who squealed on the phone for at least 15 minutes! We plan to tell our parents this weekend.

Anyway, we're so happy and so blessed. Its crazy to think how much our life will change in 9 months. I'm hoping and praying this little bébé sticks good and grows into a very healthy wee one.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's why nature gives you 10 months -- you need time to process and get used to the idea. :)

    I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Sending lots of "stick good, baby" vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete