Monday, September 21, 2009

5 Weeks

I'm at 5 weeks today.

I feel really good during the day, just super tired. It's starting to show as people at work are asking about me. I'm normally high energy, talkative and animated at work and I'm just a slug right now. I hope I don't have to hide it much longer. So far only two people know and they're keeping it quiet.

I'm starting to get night nausea as well where I feel like absolute crap after dinner or late afternoon. I bought some healthy snacks tonight that I'm taking to work, hoping that will help the afternoon stuff. I'm also taking B6 in the mornings and so far I haven't had issues during the morning or day. No throwing up though which is a huge bonus.

I had my first emotional meltdown last night. It was so bizarre. I was pissed off and when I'm pissed, at times I cry....but I was really mad but it felt like SAD crying...oh for weird.

I made an appointment with a midwife today. My appointment isnt until October 14 though which seems late to me, but its really not that far away. I was relieved when they said they would take me. There are only three midwives in our area and its hard to get in...you basically call as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test. I have to drive 30 minutes to see her which isn't a big deal and she came highly recommended by a friend who gave birth in May. The other bonus is that she will come to your home for 6 weeks post-partum to check up on you, baby, and help with any issues like breastfeeding. BTDT's, did you DH's come to your first appointment??

I gave DH some books tonight. One was The Expectant Father and the other is a hardbook called Hockey Numbers. LOL! Its a childrens counting book that's all about my DH's favorite sport, hockey. I told him he could read to my belly and the baby when he/she gets here. He was pretty touched by it I think. I'm going to buy him Z is for Zamboni when I can find it. We also looked through my A Child is Born book at the pics of a 5 week old embryo. Its pretty cool to think little bugger will have a heartbeat this week! Hope its nice and strong and keeps flickering away. Its fun talking to DH about the baby's growth, he has loads of questions.

Keep growing little bébé, Mommy and Daddy love you so much already and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment