Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No Appointment :(

Today was my first appt with my midwife. DH took two hours off work, I snuck out of a meeting (and have to make up somewhere this week 90 minutes!!) and we drove 25 minutes away to the clinic. Nobody was there!! It was locked up tight and nobody was around. We found a pay phone and called but just got a machine so I left a message. We waited for 30 minutes and I was bawling my eyes out. When we got back to town, we stopped at the house to see if they left a message this morning and nothing on our machine. Also I haven't heard back from them yet since I left the message this morning.

My rational side says its obvious she was called to a birth and that's totally ok. My hormonal side is so upset I didn't get my first appointment. I've been waiting for 4 weeks for this appt and it's the only thing that has helped me pass the time without going nuts. Plus it would have been nice to get a message. This woman has someone in the office that takes appointments and phone calls so you would think someone would have called to reschedule. My friend that had her said they warned her it may happen but they always called to reschedule before she went out there. :(

I'm so bummed out. I'm 8 weeks PG and haven't had any care at all yet. No blood tests, no U/S and now I'm booked out with clients until the end of October so I don't know how I'll squeeze in another appt. Ugh today just sucks!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ruby that sucks! I can't believe they just weren't THERE! WTH? Hope you get it figured out and they apologize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruby, that's terrible. I am so sorry.

    My gut says "clients can wait," though. Take the time you need for you and the baby right now. Is there someone who can cover for you while you go to your visits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Still no word from them :(

    AJ, nobody at work can cover for me for two reasons 1) Policy doesn't really allow it unless the client is in crisis and 2) Nobody at work knows yet except a few very select people! My boss doesn't know yet because I'm trying to secure a contract. So until I get that, I can't tell anybody else at work that I'm PG. When it really comes down to it, I'll make the time...just wish I didn't have to ya know?! If I have it in my calendar ahead of time, its no problem to work clients around it. The whole thing is just blaaah!

    ReplyDelete