Monday, November 16, 2009

13 Weeks

Breathing a sigh of small sigh of relief... I'm in the 2nd trimester!

Now, its a small sigh of relief because something could still happen to the wee one but the odds are more in our favor that everything will continue to go well for us.

So after last week's meltdown, I got a very last minute ultrasound! Turns out the doc did send a requisition over and the nurse scheduled me last minute. DH and I went on Friday morning and it was the coolest, most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was unbelievable to watch the baby jumping and kicking and moving around inside of me. It was a little surreal to finally realize...yep, there is a real baby in there and its coming in six months!! I still can not fully put it into words other than utterly amazing.

This week my clothes dont fit ver
y well at all but they arent tight either. My brea.sts have gone from a 38C to a 42D already! I think my ass is pregnant too, or perhaps more pregnant than my belly. My hips and rear have definitely changd. My feet are already swollen just enough to make my favorite red shoes uncomfortable. Its crazy how the body changes. Emotions are a crazy thing too, and still something that throws me for a loop when I get stupid emotional about stuff.

I think I've been feeling little pokes from the inside but I'm not putting much into it or I guess getting hopeful that it is the baby I'm feeling and not something else. I'm a first-timer and its unusual for a first-timer to feel movement early. But it is defnitely a different sensation than any other. I also really think its a girl too and have been calling the baby, "she" quite a bit.


So I am full of gratitude for making it to the 2nd trimester and for seei
ng our baby. I'm full of gratitude for a wonderful husband who continues to amaze me everyday. I'm full of gratitude for being a woman and being able to have this experience of bringing forth a new life. I'm full of gratitude for my own mother who I thought I appreciated but I got a whole new, deeper level of respect when I became pregnant.

I'm full of gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. Baby looks great! Congratulations on hitting the 2nd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Ruby - I am so glad you got to see the baby move. Great ultrasound pic! They usually aren't so clear. Congrats on entering the 2nd trimester. :)

    ReplyDelete