Monday, November 23, 2009

14 Weeks

Another Monday, another week.

My clothes officially don't fit. I upped my pant size a month ago just to be ready for it and stay in regular pants a little longer and they are getting increasingly difficult to pull up and down. But once they are on, they are ok. They dont have any button or zipper, just a flat front which is cool and they should stretch a bit more before I have to break into maternity pants.

Shirts, not so much. Only my big sweaters are comfortable now. I explored the two maternity stores in my in-laws town this weekend and discovered a 20-30 dollar price difference between the two and the store in my town. So I'll be doing my shopping there when we go visit next weekend.

I'm still lacking energy in the evenings. During the day it is much better but around 5pm, I just crash. Sleeping at night is a big challenge...some nights I toss all night, and then after about two or three of those bad nights, I crash and sleep all night. I'm getting stuffiness at night too which doesn't help because of having to breathe through my mouth, which then just dries me right out.

It is very strange how one's bre.ast tissue changes during pregnancy. Before, they were quite soft, squishy and saggy. Not very dense at all. Now, they are harder and I can feel the tissue changing where they aren't squishy anymore. Its very weird.

I had a dentist appointment today which wasn't very much fun. My gums are super sensitive and my gag reflex is in overdrive. Oh and they want to fill at least two cavities in the next three months, one of which is next Monday. The worst part...this dentist uses rubber dental dams and forces them over the tooth and clamps them down with a metal clamp. My old dentist didnt use them. It freaked me out before, I thought I was choking. So now with this gag reflex thing, I'm worried. I mentioned it to the hygenist who said she would ask that they reconsider using it so it doesn't set off the gag thing.

I've been doing yoga too which so far the biggest benefit is the relaxation that settles over me when doing it and after. Work has been such a stress hell lately so the yoga helps to refocus.

I bought some cocoa butter and Vitamin E lotion for stretch marks. I'm certain I'll get them anyway, I have a few on my hips already from previous weight gain, but hopefully it will help diminish the impact. The ones I have aren't very apparent so hopefully that will be the case for the belly marks.

Counting down to my big anatomy ultrasound. Only four weeks to go!! We're still trying to decide whether to find out or not. It will be the big discussion in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment