Monday, December 21, 2009

18 Weeks

I find the 2T is flying by insanely fast! We had our ultrasound on Friday! It was so cool....impersonal and sucky in other ways but that is stuff that is out of my hands so overall it was cool. The good parts outweighed the bad parts. Baby looked so good on the screen and was moving around a lot.

We also got to hear the heartbeat which was really cool! DH said it sounded like thunder so our baby is now nicknamed Thunder.
We stuck to our guns and did not find out the sex. Hopefully the doc wont mistakenly tell us.

I had my appointment today and my blood pressure was wonky. I think it was work-stress related which I'll post about tomorrow so hopefully it will not continue to be a problem. Everything else looked ok too.
Will be spending Christmas with the in-laws and then headed back to the US for the last week in December. My dad is turning 50 on NYE so we are having a big party for him. I'm excited to see my family and I know they are too!

I'm super nerdy and totally not trying to make my baby a genius by doing this (because I dont buy into music in-utero makes your baby an Einstein or Mozart) but I'm playing music for the baby. I'm not playing it too loud since the fluid is already a good conductor for noise and only for a few minutes at a time but I feel some movement when I do it. DH got a great pic of me doing it too, lol! Again, I'm a nerd but I absolutely love music and what better way to bond with the baby, I say.

Not much else to update. I just find the time going so fast. I know the first part of the new year will fly by too.


3 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you are playing music for the baby. I do the same thing:) I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an awesome time at your dad's B-day party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - Thunder looks wonderful! And I think it's great to do anything for the baby now - be it music, or reading to them, or just talking to them. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent U/S photo! Beautiful baby.

    I just heard on NPR that the music a baby hears in utero will influence his/her music taste as an adult because the brain gets used to the sound patterns and tones in a specific music genre. I thought that was cool.

    ReplyDelete