Wednesday, December 30, 2009

19 Weeks

A bit late on my weekly update.

We drove 19 hours in 2 days across the upper US to get home last weekend. It was a long drive but not overly uncomfortable for me which was good. We stopped about every 2 hours to get out, stretch and use the washroom. We had fantastic roads which was surprising since the entire country was basically under siege last week with the big snow storm.

Once we got home, we got right back in the car to go to my grandparents so we could see my extended family and have our Christmas. It was super fun and Baby B got a few gifts from the family. I wasnt expecting gifts at Christmas for our unborn baby, but it was great! I'll have to post pics when we get home next week.

Overall I'm feeling good. I notice that I tire more easily now and my hips hurt at night when I sleep. My bump is starting to fill out a bit, will have to post a 20 week pic next week. I'm glad we made this drive at 4.5 months pregnant instead of later.

I bought a Baby K'Tan sling when we got home. Not many stores in Ontario carry them so I wanted to be sure to get one when we came down here. I cant wait to use it.

I had the "talk" with my mother-in-law about the baby shower. She has said from the beginning that she wanted to host a shower for me which is fantastic. Personally I think that mothers/MIL's should never host a shower for their children and it should be up to an aunt or friend but whatever, I'm not going to argue about it. But I did speak with her about the location for the party. She wants to have it the last weekend in April at which point I'll be 8 months pregnant. My in-laws live 90 minutes from our home and it would be a major pain to drive there and back with what I'm sure will be tons of baby gifts and at a time when I will start to get uncomfortable. We just dont have a big enough vehicle to haul stuff. So I politely asked her to have the party at our house; she can still have all the control over food and organizing it. She wasnt happy at first because she was worried that 3 (yes only 3) friends from her work wouldnt come. Three people my DH and I dont know at all. All of DH's family members will undoubtedly make the trip so that isnt the issue. I pointed out to her that my friends live in our community and the party is for me (well I wasnt that snotty obviously, but its true) and that it would be a lot easier for us and more fun for me to have MY friends there. I know she is excited to be a grandma and to share in that with everybody she knows but if these women can't/won't drive to our town then that is their choice. After some hard convincing, she came around. I dont think she is 100% happy but she isnt arguing about it anymore so I think its ok. I dont think we are unreasonable in this request to have it at our house.

And a word about my DH: Only a great man would get up at the crack of dawn and drive 12 hours on his birthday (December 26th!!) to get his wife home to see her parents. I love this man so much and so appreciate everything he does for me.

Thats it for this week. Will update on Monday next week...almost halfway there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment