Saturday, April 16, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge

In an effort to get this blog more interesting and to get myself out of a slump, I'm doing a 30 day Song challenge. This has been going around on Facebook but instead of flooding my news feed with videos, I thought I would do it here. So here goes nothing.

Day 1-Your Favorite Song

This is super hard for me because music is a huge aspect of my life. I have so many favorites, its almost impossible for me to pick one. However, I do think my absolute favorite song is #41 by Dave Matthews Band. I love it for so many reasons...its haunting, passionate and ambiguous in meaning. The way Dave's voice plays on the tones and the instrumentals are superior. It is a song that always changes my mood for the better when I hear it and it feels so powerful. I've heard it once out of four live concerts I've attended and it was spine tingling. Much of Dave's music is unbelievable when hearing it live though but #41 was just on a whole other level. I imagine another Dave song will make this list at some point but #41 is at the top. Its this song that made me a forever DMB fan.
This particular rendition I've chosen is probably the best of his live shows. His acoustic version is unreal...just Dave and his guitar.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, love that song! I haven't heard it in ages. Looking forward to the other 29 :)

    ReplyDelete