Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 3-A Song That Makes You Happy

Love songs make me happy. Usually, I dont like "love" songs written by pop groups or very young singers (think boy bands, even when I was in their target age group, I didnt like them) mostly because I'm not sure they even know what they are singing about and I like songs that are more lyrically meaningful when written about love. You'll see later that this rule isnt very strict for me, there is one pop song right now that I have a place for in my heart and its very much about lust and puppy love. Anyway, once again its hard to choose since so many genres offer such wonderful love songs. But I love me some Van Morrison. He was a master at the meaningful love song..."Crazy Love" "Moondance" "Tupelo Honey," but I'm going to choose one of his more obscure songs. Its beautiful in its simplicity and written with such raw lyrics of what I think most men think of love but cant or dont say it...just a man and his guitar and his heart.

Van Morrison I'll Be Your Lover Too



And a bonus Van...Someone Like You

No comments:

Post a Comment