Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 8-A Song You Know All The Words

I have a black and white sketch recreation of this picture I picked up in a hole-in-the-wall store on Mackinac Island. Its hanging in my music room next to another black and white sketch of The Beatles and a color sketch Dave Matthews. It was hard to choose the sketches because they were amongst a whole whack of other sketches of artists including Jon Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Garth Brooks. The three I chose sort of display the essence of these particular artists as opposed to the others where they were album covers or less than accurate depictions (caricatures) of the artists.

Anyway, one song I know all the words to is "The Best Is Yet To Come" by Frank Sinatra. I listened to a ton of jazz, big band and Frank Sinatra in university. My mother thought I was completely nuts, a 21 year old singing Frank. So I have a closet obsession with all things Frank. Here he is, accompanied by another master Count Basie. Fun facts, it was the last song Frank sang live way back in 1995 and its the epitaph on his tombstone.

Frank Sinatra-"The Best Is Yet To Come"

No comments:

Post a Comment