Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 2-Your Least Favorite Song

It may seem strange that a person born in the 80's would choose an obscure 70's song as their least favorite but its true for me. When I was in high school, I worked as a cashier at a hardware store. It was a privately owned hardware store that depended a great deal on general contractors and less on the public at large like the large chain hardware store down the road. So it was often quiet, especially in the evenings. The boss put the store radio tuned to the least offensive category of music on radio...easy rock or easy listening. As a result we heard this song a lot and my god it was awful. Its corny as hell and while I adore the saxophone (and still wish I would have picked it as my instrument in band instead of clarinet), this song is just so cringeworthy in the sax solo. And lets be honest, its not just the sax that is major problem with this song.

So when I hear this song, I remember my days as a 16 year old mixing paint and cutting keys and learning a thing or two about plumbing and laughing hysterically with my co-workers about the baddness of this song. And honestly, if I didnt love George Michael, Careless Whisper is another example of the horrible 80's sax.

Gerry Rafferty-Baker Street

No comments:

Post a Comment