Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 4-A Song That Makes You Cry

Hands down, this song gets me every single time. I hear it on the radio, Im a mess. I hear it at wedding dances, where it is commonly played, and I'm a blubbering fool. I'm very sentimental and this song brings up so many thoughts of a life lived with another and all the good and bad that comes with partnership, building a family and love. I recall too when I was visiting my dying grandfather and getting ready to say goodbye for the last time. He was admitted into ICU during my visit and me and my grandmother went up there to visit him. I didnt witness many tender moments between the two of them over the years but I distinctly remember my grandmother kissing him, holding his hand and reassuring him (herself, me, all of us?). This song reminds me of them and the reflections they must have been having on their lives and life together during that time. And other older people who have lived life well and all the things they have witnessed and been through together. It reminds me that DH and I have already come so far but still have a lifetime ahead of us too. Oh the beautiful things we have together and will witness, oh the hard time we have had and will have, oh all the dreams we share, all with the ultimate goal of looking back when we are old and gray and hopefully satisfied and saying remember when...

Alan Jackson, Remember When

2 comments: